This career opportunity is ideal for the candidate looking to take their technical and professional knowledge to the next level and have a meaningful impact on everything they do. At Hedgehog we care about our work, our team, our customers and especially our community.
The successful candidate will:
- Be a seasoned PLC programmer with a strong ability to think at a system level while maintaining a meticulous attention to detail.
- Design and program PLC/control systems including panel layouts and schematics with a rigorous design process including documentation of interfaces, function blocks, state machines, etc.
- Be familiar with IEC 61131-3 standards for PLC programming, having experience in the Allen Bradley RS Logix 5000 and/or Siemens STEP 7 V12 or later programming environments.
- Understand TÜV Functional Safety requirements, safety programming and the application of ISO 13849/ISO 62061. The programmer will assist with safety analysis and development of safety related control functions.
- Be fluent in ladder logic, structured text, FBD, and sequential function chart languages
- Have experience in creation of usable, neat, visually appealing HMI screens (examples of past work would be helpful) in FactoryTalk View ME/SE/Studio and/or Siemens WinCC environments.
- Be a team player who is capable of working independently and not afraid to make decisions.
- Create testing procedures, contribute to the development of thoroughly complete test plans, and oversee construction and commissioning of electrical equipment
- Develop and improve our internal procedures as part of our continuous improvement process
- Strive to be a leader on our design team and support the development of our junior engineers and designers and technologists
- Have an eagerness to learn new skills and technologies
- Degree in Electrical or Software Engineering, Computer Science or similar technical field is required
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience
- Familiarity with the Canadian Electrical Code and other international codes, e.g. IEC and NEC.
- Demonstrated proficiency in PLC programming preferably with Allen Bradley systems.
- Understand PLx and SIL assessments and design philosophy IEC61508/ISO13849 etc.
- Field experience and ability to work both independently and within a team
- Proficiency with SolidWorks and/or AutoCAD
- Available for domestic and international travel
Hedgehog Technologies is a dynamic and growing electrical engineering consulting firm with an open position for an Industrial PLC Programming/ Software Engineer to join our team of professionals.
We are excited about our growth trajectory and as we expand our company we are seeking high energy candidates wishing to join a diverse and highly qualified team of engineers and specialists who will help us continue to deliver excellent results to our customers. Since our founding in 2000, we have designed and commissioned complex electrical systems including: Hydrogen Fuel Cells, Submarines, Electric cars, Solar Power Plants, Compressed Gas Distribution Plants, and Amusement Park Rides. These projects require a focus on innovation and creativity in design while maintaining the highest standards of safety and customer satisfaction. Our work has taken us across Canada and the United States, to Australia, and where ever we are needed. We passionately provide advanced professional electrical and controls engineering, and project management services for our industry clients. At Hedgehog, we value a client-focused and innovative approach to design, and we encourage a culture of lifelong learning and collaboration for all our personnel.